From Sonya's Kitchen: Buttery Breakfast Scones
08 Dec 2020 0 Comments
Our mother, Sonya, has graced us with her delicious buttery breakfast scone recipe. We promise they are a coveted family favorite, uniquely crisp and buttery! Serve these scones up for any occasion, split and spread with butter, jam, or cream for breakfast, tea or coffee. They are a true treat to whip up for yourself and your family and friends!
- 2 cups flour & dusting flour
- 4 teaspoons baking powder
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/3 cup sugar
- 5 tablespoons evenly cut very cold butter
- 2 tablespoons cut up shortening
- 3/4 cup heavy cream+ lil more for brushing
- One egg, whisked
- Dried currants, dried apricots,
- dried blueberries or (you pick)
- Heat oven to 375°. Combine flour, baking powder, salt & sugar in large mixing bowl &
- mix well. Cut in shortening & cold butter.
- In separate bowl, whisk eggs & add cold cream. Add to dry ingredients, just until incorporated.
- Add fruit & stir. Turn out onto lightly floured surface. Pat or roll to appx 3/4” thick -
- flour cutter & cut out scones (love the ruffled edged ones)
- Place on cookie sheet with parchment paper - leave a little space ...
- Brush lightly with heavy cream & sprinkle with light dusting of turbinado sugar.
- Bake for appx 15-17 min, or until slightly browned.
- Serve with butter & your favorite homemade jam.
Sample Image Gallery
930 x 520px
SPRING SUMMER LOOKBOOK
Sample Block Quote
Praesent vestibulum congue tellus at fringilla. Curabitur vitae semper sem, eu convallis est. Cras felis nunc commodo eu convallis vitae interdum non nisl. Maecenas ac est sit amet augue pharetra convallis.
Sample Paragraph Text
Praesent vestibulum congue tellus at fringilla. Curabitur vitae semper sem, eu convallis est. Cras felis nunc commodo eu convallis vitae interdum non nisl. Maecenas ac est sit amet augue pharetra convallis nec danos dui. Cras suscipit quam et turpis eleifend vitae malesuada magna congue. Damus id ullamcorper neque. Sed vitae mi a mi pretium aliquet ac sed elitos. Pellentesque nulla eros accumsan quis justo at tincidunt lobortis deli denimes, suspendisse vestibulum lectus in lectus volutpate.